Sunday, August 21, 2011

Yeah, an entire post about cleaning

Another very busy day for yours truly.  Something tells me that this is going to become more the usual with our wedding day inching closer and closer.  In actuality, I'm liking being busy again.  For a while I didn't have a lot going on which wasn't a bad thing at all but I like making progress on things again.  When I got home from work today, we got to work on the cleaning kitchen.  Let me tell you, I busted my butt on the kitchen today, scrubbing the oven and the counters like I was getting paid for it.  I was actually wishing I had a toothbrush that I could use to scrub the tiny crevices that I couldn't get to; what's up with that? 

About halfway through our cleaning I got a little frustrated.  Despite all the work, I looked around at Dave trying to go through one of his boxes of computer things and there was just stuff everywhere.  It felt crazy   as it felt like we were making little progress.  It reminded me of when one tries to lose weight and they spend all week doing everything right only to find out that they weighed the exact same and all their work seems like it was for naught.  I had one of those moments but then I remembered that sometimes it takes two weeks to see the results.  I'm hoping that it's something like that for us today.   We did a lot of little things.  

A while back, we went through a lot of our things and tried to get rid of the stuff that we no longer needed or were never going to use.  To do this, we put the things that we wanted but were unsure what to do with into boxes.  Today we went through a few of those boxes and tried to reorganize and give the things that we want to use a place to live when we're not using them.  It didn't seem like we did a ton but we got through and got rid of many of the boxes that we just taking up space that we would've need to go through at some point.  The more I think about it I'm really glad that we did it this way.  When everything is clean and things are put away in boxes, it's easy to say that you're all done and you don't want to go through it all.  

So tomorrow I'm hoping that we can continue with our momentum tomorrow with everything.  It will be harder because we won't have each other to help with the motivation.   Alright I'm done writing this post about cleaning.   Sorry those of you who read this. 

1 comment:

  1. Dear Denise,

    Don't ever apologize for a post!

    Sincerely, your love, truly, mos' def,
    Dave Sylvia

    P.S. I thought it was a good post!

    ReplyDelete