Monday, August 8, 2011

Normal Day

Waking up this morning was super difficult as the weight of the depression from the night before still weighed on me but I awoke to such understanding.  It appears that I was not the only one who wasn't happy with the way last night went down and I received e-mails apologizing for what happened.  Isn't it amazing what a simple (sincere) apology can do?  It really made me feel a lot better about everything.  I still need to speak with my sister but I'm am in a much better mental state tonight.

Also, my grandmother still seems to be doing okay.  They will begin to put her back on her former medications to see if she continues to improve or if they will make things worse again.  Please keep your fingers crossed that it all goes okay.  I really don't want my grandmother to have to choose between her risking her heart or undergoing invasive surgery that will leave her with terrible maintenance later on.  Hopefully though everything will go back to normal.  She deserves it.

I got to hang out with Katie today though because I couldn't wake up not for very long but it was so nice to hang out with her.  Though our conversation was brief, I thoroughly enjoyed it.  Sometimes you don't need to talk for hours on end for some good things to come out of it.   We discussed first dance songs as Dave and I are having a difficult time finding one.  Dave and I have a lot in common but our tastes in music varies a bit.   Katie, who is more on the same page as Dave when it comes to music, made some really nice suggestions.  Dave is currently listening to the song we liked to see if he likes it.  I asked him to play out loud, but he needed to listen to it "in his own way."  He takes his music very seriously.  It makes me smile sometimes.

So today felt like a normal day.  Not an extreme high like Saturday and not the extreme low like Sunday.  Just normal.  It felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment