Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fun Nights

I finally saw the final Harry Potter movie!  Because I hate spoilers, I don't want to talk about it too much as I will inevitably spoil it for someone else if I do.  However, not talking about that leaves me with very little to say.  Tonight was a very good night as we spent the evening with Jamie and Ian having quite a good time at Jordan's Furniture.  As we determined, Jordan's is the Disneyworld of furniture shopping and that we should try to convince them that we would make quite good models to advertise their pieces.  I, personally, am not that into their furniture style as much of it tends to be large, massive pieces and as we all know, I like my furniture to be smaller in nature.  However, as a double date or even a single date idea, it is a very fun time.  It's fun all in one building.  You can do dinner at Fudruckers, have ice cream from Richardsons while watching people try their hand at trapeze flying or watching the water show, go "shopping" for furniture, and finish off your evening with a movie at arguably the best IMAX theater around.  This is exactly what we did.  Of course, it is very important to bring a camera as photo ops are bound to happen (photos to be posted at some point in the future).

Other thoughts of the day.  I'm pretty certain that we scheduled an appointment to meet with our wedding venue person for next Saturday which will be one more thing to check off.  The other thing we really need to get finished is purchase the bridal party gifts.  I have some ideas for each of my lovelies but haven't brought them into fruition so I need to get on that.  Dave needs to starting thinking about his boys too.   Also, I need to begin a conversation with my ladies about a bachelorette party.  We need to pick a date and actually plan something.  Dave already has his date for his bachelor party set for 9/10/11.  We don't have that many more weekends to get things planned.  I've got to figure out what I want.  Part of me wants to have a great fun time bash but another very large part of me just wants a girly sleepover complete with sleeping bags, movies, popcorn, cookies, and maybe some alcohol.  Katie threw out the idea of an at home spa day which also sounds super nice.  So maybe we can do something like that.  At first I thought I would all down for a male stripper or something crazy but now that the bachelorette party is getting closer, I really don't think that's quite my scene.  Really, I just want to hang out with my closest friends and have a fun night.  So I just need to see if we can get a solid date set up.


No comments:

Post a Comment