Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Rough Day today

Today was quite the day.  I didn't get much sleep last night and the lack of sleep magnified everything.  I was supposed to go hang out with Katie today at 2:00 and I had to cancel and I was so upset.  Overall, I just feel so tired of dealing with crap; my PTSD and these allergies.  I've just had it and I want to enjoy this process.  Most of all I don't want to be a perpetually sneezing bride during my wedding and feeling "out of it" due to this ridiculousness.  Seriously, I totally lost my shit this afternoon and I got angry at Dave and then angry at some random kid online.  Then I made an angry post on Facebook and then finally I made one here.  By the time Katie called, I was just so upset that I broke down in tears.  Of course, she was super understanding and super supportive.

After I took my nap I physically felt better.  Unfortunately I had a rough dream that has me slightly nervous.  In my dream, I fell for some other guy.  The dream consisted of dates with this person, the feelings of giddiness and nervousness, and ended with the two of us becoming a couple.  There was a magic in that dream and I found it unsettling.  By getting married, I'm deciding that I've found that person.  When I first started dating Dave, I didn't know if he was going to be the person I would end up marrying but I do remember sitting in my car and feeling that the feeling that one gets when they fall in love.  I remember thinking, "Remember this Denise.  This could be the last time you fall in love."  At the time, that idea excited me.

Now, however, I kind of feel a bit regretful.  Yesterday, I drove past the large pond in Wakefield before going into work.  While driving by I noticed these two women with baby carriages power walking off their baby fat.  Some women may look at that scene and think, "oh I can't wait for that."  Me, I looked at that and thought, "that's the next step" and immediately I felt repulsed thinking, "how did I get here already?"  Please don't get me wrong, I am 100% in love with Dave and there are days that I do feel that magic.  I think of our upcoming wedding I get excited and hopeful and everything.  I'm so incredibly happy.

That dream just through me.  Why am I dreaming about falling in love with someone else?  Why did I wake up and feel the slightest tinge of regret that I won't ever feel that way again?  Shouldn't I just feel ready to completely discard those feelings?  I'm getting married in just under two months and I'm both excited and scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment