Thursday, August 11, 2011

Driving home

Traffic goes so slowly at this time of the night.  At the moment I am writing this post on the back of what we were going to use as invitations to our wedding.  It's 11:59pm and Dave, Johnny, and I are stuck in stop and go traffic on 95 trying to get home from the Patriots game.  According to a sign we read earlier during the drive, this absurd car on car action happening right now is due to the fact that they closed three lanes of traffic meaning that at some point in the next few miles the four lanes that we are currently sharing will merge into just one.  It's absolutely ridiculous right now.

One of our groomsmen, Johnny, got tickets to the first Pats game of the season and he invited us to go with him. He didn't even charge us for the tickets!  Isn't he the coolest guy?  Though we left before the game ended, I'm pretty sure that we actually won the game; unless of course we blew it totally blew the decent lead in the last nine minutes of the game.  Another one of our groomsmen, Feissal, also joined us and we all had such a great time.  I actually allowed myself to get drunk which is something that I rarely do.  I might get myself drunk only a couple of times a year and I must say I enjoyed it thoroughly.  However, for some reason I always feel badly for those around me when I'm in that state and end up apologizing constantly.  Nobody ever cares and they tend to find my inebriation entertaining.

As of yet, I haven't gotten drunk to the point where I'd be embarrassed the next day.  I'm constantly surprised by the stories that people tell me about their actions after drinking.  It's not so much that they did whatever they did but that they are almost proud to of it and feel the need to talk about it.  A couple of weekends ago, my coworker randomly started laughing when she remembered that during her drunken stupor she apparently used her closet at as a bathroom.  I get her telling us but she then went and made a post on her Facebook wall telling her son not to use the pink towel on the floor.  I can safely say that I have never been that bad; however, I do enjoy getting slightly drunk.  I like that giddy, ridiculous, and slightly obnoxious quality I get after a few drinks.  I get why people enjoy it but I think being drunk gets such a bad rep because many people take it too far.

Okay, it's been twenty five minutes and we've finally dropped down to one land and traffic seems to be moving a bit more.  Regardless, we've decided to take back roads as we are pretty sure that they will shut down lanes again on the highway.  I think I need to stop writing though because I tend to get nauseous when I look down in a moving car and I still don't think I've entirely sobered up.  Continue to write could really cause more problems than it's worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment