Monday, August 15, 2011

Apart-o-mon!

Apartment hunting.  The biggest downside of it being a buyers market and many people trying to free themselves from the burden of a mortgage is that is causes rent to sky rocket in price.  Dave called the place we are really interested but as of right now they have zero openings for the month of September and don't know about October or November yet.  I just don't trust that they'll have an opening by the time we're going to need it.

At the same time we got the renewal lease for our current place.  They only raised the price by $25 which makes our current place literally $200 less than the cheapest places in the area.  I hate this place but when I look at the cost I can't help but think about whether or not we could make this place work for another year.  Now that I know that it isn't the apartment that is causing my allergies.  I know, I know, I hate the place but my goal for next year is to try and pay back the majority of the debt that we have between us.  One of the easiest ways to save is by cutting costs within rent.

So I don't know.  I feel like I've hit my head or something by reconsidering this place but my pragmatism is doing the talking.  Yeah, that's all I got right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment