Saturday, August 27, 2011

weddings and well, more wedding

Jon and Allie's wedding was gorgeous.  We actually got to see Jon as soon as we walked in and he was so excited and gave us a giant hug.  He was really cute waiting in the wings for the ceremony to begin.  For their ceremony music, they had a string quartet and I must admit that there is certain quality to live string instruments that give a very elegant and romantic vibe.  I mean, I love the song we chose for our ceremony but the quartet gives it a really lovely touch.  Dave and I had a really good time and seeing Jon and Allie's happiness just made us all the more excited for our own wedding.

Speaking of our own wedding, we did make some more progress by meeting with two of our key vendors.  We were able to really get some things straightened out and made some big decisions.  Dave was so stressed out and nervous about everything that I found myself trying to calm him down which I thought was a strange role reversal.  We determined that he's always been someone who gets so stressed out but  because I've always taken it so much further than stressed out that it makes him seem calm.  Now, whether it is due to my medication or the fact that I've dealt with a lot of the underlying issues that initially caused the constant freak outs, I've really calmed down a bit.  So much so that it's now highlighting Dave's anxiety.

After we met with everyone though and he remember that we chose some great vendors and he definitely relaxed to his normal self after.  I'm really happy with how the day went overall; now I just have to make it into and home from work tomorrow during the tropical storm.  One thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment