Thursday, August 4, 2011

Opposite of Yesterday

Today was quite a day.  I started last night's post with the same sentence; however, today had an entirely different vibe.  Whereas yesterday when the day ended I felt frustrated and overwhelmed, at the end of the day today I feel accomplished and excited.  My wedding dress came in and I went to try it on earlier today and I'm an so excited!  It is everything that I envisioned and more.  Even better is that there are hardly any alterations needed.  Just the bust actually; that and adding cap sleeves.  Everything else though is basically perfect.   It fit nicely, felt great, and I am very happy with the way it looks.  I'll be honest, I was slightly nervous.   It's tough buying a dress way back in November and not second guess your decision.  Part of the fun about perusing wedding magazines is looking at all the dresses.  However, after you've already purchased a dress that can be something that causes doubt and even regret at times when you find something that's totally different than what you got but that you absolutely love.  So yes, today was very uplifting to see the dress and wear the dress.  As an aside, I was also super happy to see my grandmother.  I absolutely love her and I truly hope that I will have her mind and strength when I'm her age.  She's just amazing.

In addition, Dave and I met with our officiant today.  Oh my, we are totally in love with that man.  Okay, "in love" is a bit much but we are so grateful that we found someone as awesome as him.  More than being a great potential officiant he is just a great man.  There is a part of me that could go on forever about how much I jive with his beliefs and am extremely excited about putting together our ceremony.  Not only was he open to all of our ideas, he added his own thoughts based on his years of experience that only enhanced and help clarify exactly what we're envisioning.  He's just someone we can talk to in general as well.  We also scheduled a marriage counseling session with him which I am super excited about.  Yes, he is a certified marriage counselor and before we left he asked us some deep questions to think about.  What I love is that I think that he could sense that the one area of our relationship where Dave and I are truly unsure about is in regards to our spirituality.  For me, I long to go back to my spiritual roots. I was deeply religious when I was younger; so much so that my parents actually admitted recently that they thought that I was going to become a nun for quite some time.  Since the abuse I lost touch with it and though I know I'll never have the same kind of religiousness I had in high school I do really desire the more spiritual growth.  Dave, on the other hand, really has his own issues with his faith.  He too was also very religious during high school and has since lost all interest.  I think he would be perfectly content to never think about his spirituality ever again and I sometimes feel like I'm pressuring him to be more or look for more than he wishes.  Our reverend clearly picked up on this during our discussions and immediately honed in on it and I'm really excited to discuss it more with someone like him.

Overall, today left me feeling the exact opposite of yesterday.  I am exhausted though as I've been running all over the place all day today.  So with that, I'm going to go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment