Saturday, August 6, 2011

Bridal Showers!!

Okay, this post needs to be written super fast because it's 1:44 in the morning and I am getting up for work at 7. Stupid Sundays.  Anyway, today was absolutely amazing!  It was truly one of those days when you look at your life and see just how wonderful everyone is.  That totally didn't really stated what I was trying to say but I'll elaborate to help if you don't get what I mean.

My bridesmaids (and my mom) threw me a fabulous bridal shower.   Seriously, it was so much fun and a total surprise.  I've been involved in the planning of a couple of bridal showers at this point and let me tell you they can be a lot work.  Mine was clearly one that they all put a lot of time, thought, energy, and effort into and it definitely did not go unnoticed by me.  Remembering my desire to have a giant tea party, they had it in a small, wonderful tea house in my hometown.  It was the same tea house that I saw the psychic in a few months back... that was their secret way of determining whether it was a good place to have my bridal shower.  I really couldn't think of a more perfect place actually.  Back when I first went to it, I adored the place and the little things they sell.  Not to mention that their food is superb and the people are incredible.  According to my mom, we were only supposed to be there until 6 or 6:30 but we didn't leave until after 8.  When my mom went to them, they basically said that we could stay all night because they loved us.  Really, how awesome and sweet is that?  Particularly after having worked all morning as well.  The woman who served us even kept watch for Jamie's car so that she could have us part in a separate lot due to the full lot for the psychic.  In reality, she knew that I would recognize the cars in the parking lot and she didn't want that to give it away.  Good thinking, no as I would have definitely recognized Dave, Katie's, and Laura's cars.

Anyway, they went with a vintage travel theme which was so perfect and fitting.  Katie created a sign that stated Denise & Dave: A whole new world on old maps that were cut into heart shapes.  As I am unable to sufficiently describe it, see: 


How amazing is that?  Unfortunately I am unable to zoom in on this photo but if I could you would see that almost all of the maps have a specific location that means something to me including where we went to college.  It's those kinds of small details that Katie is great at.   In addition, the favors my girls created were super unique and creative.  They each did a whole lot of baking and then got together at my mom's house to put everything together in the most perfect boxes (completely my style).  On the covers they had "thank you" written in different languages.    As if that wasn't enough, scattered across the table were vintage postcards of various places.  Some even had the writings of those who bought them from the fifties.  Okay, that was another weird sentence but you'll forgive me.  There was also a beautiful board complete with pictures and wonderful journals that they had everyone sign.  I'd say more but I need to move on to the presents.

Oh my goodness, Dave and I got such amazing presents.  People were so generous and I have absolutely no idea how to show my sheer appreciation for them.  A simple "thank you" card doesn't really seem to do it justice.   We got some many of the things we asked for and so much more.  My mother and Jamie and her mother basically bought me an entire wardrobe for our honeymoon which I greatly appreciate as I've been wondering how I was going to be able to do that.  Everything we received was more than we could have asked for and I can't even begin to express my gratitude not only to my friends who threw this amazing party but also to everyone who came and gave.   I only hope that someday Dave and I will be able to do something that would be deserving of it all.   Isn't it enough that I've found a man I want to spend the rest of my life with and be able to celebrate that with friends that I adore, but to get presents and gifts too?  I can officially say that I am overwhelmed with happiness and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment