Monday, August 1, 2011

Doctor's appointment

So when I stated that I was giving up and calling the doctors yesterday, I kind of lied.  My wonderful fiance and mother took it upon themselves to call the doctor and push my case.  Unfortunately it was just as complicated as I anticipated and I'm so glad that my mother and Dave were working with them.  I, on the other hand, spent literally the entire day sleeping.  Last night I came home and went to bed not long after midnight and slept until 4:10 when Dave called again waking me up and then I forced myself out of bed to go to work.  I know I have a tendency to oversleep but I haven't slept like that in a long time.  Had Dave not called and had I not had to work, I probably would've slept until 6 or 7pm. Crazy.  Luckily today, I feel a bit better.  At least back to my regular dealing with allergies self.

I also have an appointment with my former doctor tomorrow at 1:30.  Unfortunately it is not something my insurance will cover as my actual PCP refused to refer me to him since he is not part of their organization.  As a result I will be paying out of pocket for the visit and it will cost at least $150.   At least, I will be looked at though and hopefully treated.  Had I gone with the services of my PCP I would have had to be allergy tested all over again and the earliest they could see me wasn't until September 4th.  Seriously?  How absurd.  So yes, I'll keep you all updated on how it goes tomorrow.  At the moment it just feels better to feel like I'm somewhat cognizant again.  Yesterday I spent the entire day in this fog.  I was awake but not mentally with it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment