Saturday, August 20, 2011

Productivity is a good thing

So today was a very productive day.  Dave and I rose at a reasonable hour and went to breakfast before meeting my mother and my sister to go to Michaels and A.C. Moore for centerpiece items and other stuff for the wedding.  Oh my, you know how I was concerned about how I could possibly get everyone involved in stuff?  Well, that problem is officially solved.  Just about all of our ideas that we got are DIY and they aren't exactly the most simplistic so I will more than likely need to request the help of friends and family on these.  But we got the materials needed for them so now we just have to put it together.  I'm excited it for it.

On the home front, Dave and I tacked our hallway, hallway closet, and bathroom tonight when we got home.  We still have begun to touch the disaster that is our kitchen and living room but like I said yesterday, one room at a time.  Hopefully by tomorrow night, we'll get the kitchen taken care of and then all that will be left will be living room.   Granted that will be the hardest room by far (especially since we keep putting the stuff we can't make decisions on/know what to do with into that room) but I'm hoping that the momentum we've created thus far will propel us forward.  Plus, I need work to begin my work on the wedding stuff.   Still no clue about whether or not we'll stay here but that is a decision for another day.  

I'm going to go finish up now.  Is it bad that I would prefer to stay home from work to finish cleaning?  Who am I kidding?  I get home by 3:30, as if I'd get much done before then anyway.  Not with the hours I've been keeping lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment