Friday, August 5, 2011

Project Runway (don't worry, no spoilers)

Project Runway is back on!  I love that our dvr automatically recorded it because we asked it to for last season. So right now at 12:30am I'm watching the first episode while I wait for Dave to come home from hanging out with his friends.  Let's just say that I really love this show.  It's one of the few reality shows that I can get into.  I love seeing what the designers come up with and despite having absolutely zero design or fashion expertise or sense at all I thoroughly enjoy having an opinion of the runway looks.  Of course, I do miss it on Bravo as the designs that were praised were super fashion forward and high fashion.  It used to be that if I thought it was good, it meant that it was boring.   Now that it's only Lifetime it's better for the designers to create garments that women would want to wear.  I both like and hate that.  Right now, they are crafting their first outfits and as I watch it I'm totally in awe with their skills.  I admire the ability to sew so much.  It's one of those, "God I wish I could do that but I really have no desire to put the work in and learn."  Ah well, there are so many things I do want to learn that I'm sure I won't miss this unless for some reason stores stop selling clothing.

Wow, what is with my enormous paragraphs recently?  Yesterday and today my paragraphs are super long.  Oh well, sometimes that happens.  So it's already August 5th which means that I've been writing everyday for eight months now.  I'm really proud of myself and super pumped.  I've surpassed the half year mark and I can feel safe saying I'm actually following through with this.  It feels really good to do what I've told myself I would.  At least with the writing anyway.   I think the online accountability helps.   I know that friends read this every morning and I know they won't let me get away with not writing.  Not that they'll stop loving me at all but it won't go unnoticed which is super motivating on those days when I don't want to.  So thanks guys for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment