Thursday, August 25, 2011

Content

We made more progress today which is a positive!  Still, I'm a bit concerned that it may not be enough progress for this late in the game.  Everyone always talks about how there will be those things that you will spend more time than necessary on and that's something we totally did.  We had a good time doing it and we came to some critical (slightly awesome decisions) for the wedding music.  It's not an easy task creating the soundtrack to your wedding but we made huge strides.  I'm happy with the decisions anyway and Dave is too and that's what is important.

We also got some massive cleaning done too.  Our apartment feels so much better now that it's been picked up.  It's terrible.  I feel so much better when things are picked up and put away but yet it seems so hard to maintain for me.  To give myself credit, I have done a pretty decent job with keeping the bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom clean.  I even kept up on the laundry which is always the last thing to get done.  To be honest, I've done a couple of things recently that I'm really proud of.  It feels kind of weird to be so happy with myself.  Maybe it's just that I'm seeing how much I've grown up recently.  From simple interactions with friends to what happened yesterday, I handled them all in a far healthier way.  Healthier for myself and for everyone around me.

I've also felt productive for the first time in a really long time.  After graduating from college, I really haven't done anything creative or really anything at all.  Sure I've got a job but it's not one where I leave at the end of the day feeling like accomplished anything or am working toward anything.  Not that I need that in my work but I think it is really good for me to have something outside of work to direct my energies.  Planning the wedding reminds me of planning lessons for a classroom only without the added stress of feeling like you have to actually teach something making it so much more fun!  I like the mini projects and thinking up ideas to help fill in the big picture.  I like this long term writing assignment I've given myself.

Now, all I have to do is let myself feel this happy and try not to worry that it could all disappear in a moment.  I just need to enjoy it for what it is right now.  


No comments:

Post a Comment