Friday, September 9, 2011

The ticking clock

Time got away from me this evening as I got caught up in shoe hunting.  When I went for my last fitting I wore my shoes for the entire day and by the time I took my dress off that evening, my feet were really angry with me.  What's frustrating is that they look so good and I do think they'd be more comfortable if the toes weren't so squeezed.  Plus, doing a basic search online I'm not finding anything  is working for me.  There is a huge part of me that is wishing I got my dress measured with flats because that would guarantee my comfort.   Well, I've got 3 weeks to find something.  I'm watching Project Runway and "make it work" seems fitting.

I also created what will hopefully be our final "to do" list for the wedding.  Or at least the second to last one.  It's actually not that long which is much better than what I was expecting.  There's still a good deal to do but I'm really hoping to get some of these things checked off over the weekend.  Dave is starting to worry too which makes me want to get these things checked off all the more.  It's tough as the clock is ticking down and I'm afraid we're not going to get to something really important or we're going to forget something.  Thank goodness I'm on my medication and going through therapy because I would be freaking out if this had been two years ago.  Not like, "Oh my God!  We're never going to get this done!" but more the crying everyday thinking that I was incapable of planning anything and being completely overwhelmed and stressed.

So, I'll keep you updated on how it goes.  I'm really hoping to get a good number of things done.

No comments:

Post a Comment