Monday, September 19, 2011

In sickness and in health

Called in sick to work again today.  I really hated having to do it but I could hardly talk without coughing.  My cold has now decided to pick up residence in my chest as well as my nose.  My voice doesn't sound like my own and I'm tired despite sleeping all day and most of the night.  Really, I'm exhausted which is super annoying because I can't do anything during the day because I just don't have the energy.  Nevertheless, I was able to get some work done on Dave's gift.

Blegh.  I don't want to write.  I just want to go back to bed and lay back down.  Sometimes laying down makes things worse and I've tried that and sitting but neither was really worse than the other.  Sitting just makes me feel more tired.  I really dislike not feeling well.  Dave seems back to normal so I'm hoping that I'll be myself in a week or so.  Regardless, so long as I don't get worse, I can still get married feeling like this.  Flying to Hawaii sounds like a nightmare in this state but maybe I'll be able to just stay in a NyQuil slumber for most of it.   Honestly, recovering on the beaches of Hawaii with my brand new husband doesn't sound like the worst thing that could happen.  

Really, in the end, so long as I get to marry Dave and I get to keep him in my life for years to come, I can deal with this.   Even if I'm congested, full of mucus, and generally feeling under the weather, it's not so bad so long as he's by my side.  I love him so much and even my sickness can't lessen my excitement about our upcoming marriage.  

No comments:

Post a Comment