Friday, September 30, 2011

Stowe

Dave has finally fallen asleep.  We're here in Stowe, VT and it's an absolutely gorgeous day.  It's warm and sunny and quiet.  There's soft music coming from across the parking lot and it's a nice respite from all the hustle and bustle of the last few days, as well as the next few days to come!

We made the trek up today to pick up the apple cider, the cider donuts, and the apple pies that we plan to have served at our wedding.  We originally wanted to have our wedding here in Stowe with all of the beautiful mountain peaks all adorned with foliage.  This whole place is a wonderful getaway.  The shops, the lodges, the town - all contribute to providing the visitor with a serene and semi-secluded escape.  Secluded to a city dweller at least.

At some point in the future, Dave and I really need to stay and visit here for a couple of days.  Our trips here have been little more than day trips.  I'd like to come here, relax in one of these beautiful resorts, and slow down the pace.  The pace here is certainly slow.  It would be nice to fully embrace it.  To walk through the state parks, bike the winding trails, maybe take a brief horseback riding lesson.

Dave thinks I'm writing a list of things to bring to Maui and I did try.  I was then overcome by the desire to put this moment down on paper.  Honestly at this precise moment, my time is better spent writing a post.  It is still productivity of some kind and it means I can check something off my list of a million things to do tonight.  A few more moments and we'll need to begin heading back. Gosh I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment