Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Productively and "puppy love"

This week has been very productive thus far.  On Monday we ordered the favors which feels good because that took more work than I anticipated.  Yesterday, we ordered the pies and cider donuts from Cold Hollow Cider Creek.  I wrote thank you cards and delivered them to my coworkers for their amazing bridal shower.   However, today we really got things accomplished.  We got our marriage license, I had what will hopefully be my last fitting for my dress, Dave's purchased his groomsmen gifts, and I finally called the florist to rent our canopy and scheduled an appointment with them for my bridal bouquet.  We also choose our rehearsal dinner restaurant and went there for dinner tonight and I was more than satisfied with their food.  They had a wonderful selection of food that tastes really good and we can order for a reasonable price.  So that excites me.

Since Dave seems to be coming down with something, we came home and watched Aladdin!  We've been meaning to watch it forever now but for the past week we've hardly seen each other nevermind had enough time to watch a movie together.  There was a part of me that had forgotten how much I love that movie.  It made me want to watch the Little Mermaid (my second favorite Disney movie) and Beauty and the Beast.  There's something about Disney movies that makes falling in love so simple and innocent.  It does have that youthful, non cynical view of love that young people have before experiencing that first crushing heartbreak that shatters that view.  To me, there is something about Disney's portrayal that is wholesome and magical and there's a large part of me that sort of wishes love really was just like that.  Not to say that adult love is any worse.  I'd argue on a different day that experienced love is so much better and deeper and more valuable than the fresh take on it but today, I couldn't help but reminisce.

While we were watching the movie I started coughing and water didn't really do anything for me so I took some NyQuil and now I'm exhausted. I have a therapy appointment tomorrow and I'm really excited for it despite not having a clue what to talk about.  Something good I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment