Thursday, September 22, 2011

T-minus 10 and counting

I seem to be on the mend, thank goodness.  I did come home from picking out flowers and needed a nap but I'm hoping to get plenty of sleep tonight so that I can be well rested for work tomorrow.  My wedding is just 9 days away and I can't get over it.  Dave and I sat together, drank the wine we bought at Kevin and Amanda's wedding, and read through our ceremony together.  I'm really happy with it.  There are bit more references to God than I was expecting which I don't necessarily mind but I get nervous about with Dave.   He tells me not to worry but I do.  I think it's becoming real for me and I'm finally feeling the nerves and the pre-wedding jitters that I really haven't felt during the rest of this process.

 I think we got it to where we want it and we did decide to keep the handfasting ceremony; we had thought of removing it to shorten the length of the ceremony but we like too much.  In the end, the ceremony may be a little longer than what is now considered the traditional half hour but honestly, it is the most important part of the day for me.   If it goes a little longer and it means that there's a little less time to party so be it.  My biggest concern for the ceremony is the temperature.  Ideally, I would love for it to be outdoors but I get so cold so easily and I basically have a sleeveless dress.  You would think all my years as a figure skater would have me conditioned but I'm such a wimp.  You never know until the day but I can't help be slightly concerned.  There's that and the sheer difficulty I have standing still for long periods of time.  I need to get into my shoes and practice that crap.

So yeah, we still need to complete our photographer's worksheet so that she knows what she's doing and I think that will be the last really major thing to get done.  After that, I'm pretty sure it's all little stuff that if we get to, we get to and if we don't, then oh well.  Then there's the honeymoon.  Goodness me, I forgot about the honeymoon!  Take it one by one.  We've got flights, we have hotels,  and we have a car to get around.  All that's really needed now is clothing and really what more do we need?

No comments:

Post a Comment