Sunday, September 25, 2011

The tech week of wedding planning

I'm taking a break from working on Dave's wedding gift.  Why did I wait so freaking long to do this?  Seriously, it was something I could have done at the beginning of the wedding planning process and yet here I am racing to finish it tonight so I can submit it, order it, and hopefully receive it before the wedding.  I'm so stupid.  I thought I had gotten so much better about procrastinating but yeah maybe not.

Yikes!  Dave and I were both very much OMG! tonight.  We still have so much more to do and I feel like the list is never ending.  For the first time in this whole process Dave and I looked at each other and said that we are excite for the wedding but we're also excited for it to be over.  I think we're partly tired of thinking about it.  I've gotten to that point where if I spend a few moments thinking about something other than the wedding, I feel guilty because I feel like I need to devote every moment in my brain to getting things done.

I know that this is the final leg. The part that can be the most stressful.  I also know that come the day, it will all be okay no matter what.  We'll be together, we'll be married, and we'll be surrounded by the people who love us most and who we love likewise.  On that day, all these little things won't matter.  You know what this feels like?  It feels like the Tech Week of a major show when the entire show feels like it's never going to go up and everyone stays for all hours to try and perfect both the big and little details.  It is the most beloved and hated weeks of all the rehearsal weeks.  People scream at each other, many times there are tears, and everyone is stressed to the max.  But then the show goes up and it seems like all those things resolve themselves.  No one notices or cares about the stupid mistakes that were made.  The things that were intended and didn't come to fruition weren't missed and the show is amazing.  Even the cast who made me composed of people who hate each other feel like best friends once the curtain goes up.

It's the culmination of the months and weeks of planning and stressing that make this so much more stressful.  People keep asking me if I wished I had eloped and even in this most stressed moment I have to say, not at all.  This whole process has been amazing and I wouldn't trade it at all.  Okay back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment