Sunday, September 18, 2011

Good intentions

I woke up not that long ago.  Dave's friend was supposed to come over to watch the Patriots game.  However, upon hearing my not feeling so well they decided to go to Johnny's house for the game so that I could come home and get some rest.  Now that I've rested and had some soup, I only marginally  feel better which is sort of irritating.  Like I said yesterday, I'm glad it's happening now but I'd prefer to have it not happen at all.   I feel like I've been sick a lot this year and I really hope that this is a tough yea and not a weird omen for years to come.  Despite having four extra hours of sleep, I'm still tired and run down and I'm not in the mood to do anything.  Not the best when in just weeks, I'll be walking down the aisle.  

I need to get things done.  There was a  whole bunch of DIY that I wanted to do for the bridesmaids gifts but I feel like I'm never going to get to it and that makes me super sad.  This tends to happen to me.  The quote, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" is an applicable phrase for me.  I always intend bring my decent ideas to fruition but I never seem to do.  Instead all I can think is "wow, that would've been a great gift or deed if I actually did it."  There's also the gift I want to give to Dave that I still need to order.  He noticed it on my own personal "to-do" list and brought it to my attention all concerned that he doesn't have anything for me.  I had to explain to him that he already got me my wedding gift when he gave me my engagement ring a year and a half ago. 

It's been almost a year and a half since we got engaged and the wedding is just around the corner.  I'm really excited about it.  There are certain things that probably won't get done at this point but many of the big things that I wanted will.  Like Katie says, no one will notice what you had planned but didn't actualize so there's really no need to stress about.  Ah, those good intentions... it's so easy to dream them up but so much harder to make them happen.  Maybe I should go work on some of them... 

No comments:

Post a Comment