Monday, September 12, 2011

Another Bridal Shower!!!

Holy Canoli! What a day today was! It started off a bit rough as I slept far longer than I wanted to and didn't get any of the things I wanted/needed to get done for the wedding.  Still, I went into work fully determined that I would get them done tomorrow.  There was a big change at my company which I am currently unable to discuss due to the super remote possibility that someone from my work stumbles upon this or that one of our clients randomly reads this and figures out which company employs me.  The likelihood of that is so rare that it's kind of ridiculous that I'm censoring myself but Murphy's Law dictates that it would happen and I don't want to be fired.  Luckily for me, it will not effect my job security (so they said) or my pay which was slightly dependent on this change occurring.

Also, the woman who listen to and criticized (not constructively, mind you) all our phone calls randomly walked out last Friday.  I wasn't there but from what I heard she just got up and said something like, "Have a good day" and then just left.  She didn't say anything to management or anything; she just walked out the door.  Of course, over the weekend there were whispers and speculations about what happened and if she was okay.  Today, we all received an e-mail stating that she decided leave us and that was that.  A part of me feels badly but another part of me feels kind of vindicated.  Instead of just listen and "critiquing" our calls, she actually had to learn what we did and take calls herself.   We all knew she was struggling with learning everything.  I will admit, it's not a difficult job but there is a lot one has to remember and things seem to be constantly changing which some people think is too much for a call center.  She, I think, was one of them.  Honestly, it must be hard trying to learn it when you have to learn it from the people you so easily put down and harshly criticized just a few months ago.

These two things made it hard to focus and I was kind of happy when my team lead asked me to train one of my coworkers on merchant.  We were able to step away from the phones, go into the conference room, and I was able to shift my attention to something aside from that.  I spent about an hour showing her the system before returning back to my desk to find out that my coworkers threw me a bridal shower!!!  Seriously, I have work with the greatest people ever!  My desk was completely decorated and on top of it sat this gigantic basket full of baking goodies from my registry.  It was unbelievable especially since I was unable to invite them and they somehow figured out where I was registered.  To say I was shocked is an understatement.  My friends surprised me by when and where but I always knew that a bridal shower was going to be thrown.  I never in a million years expected something from my coworkers.  I knew we threw baby showers for people but no one's ever been married while I've been there.  I never even considered it!

Not only did they give me such an amazing bunch of gifts, they also cooked and served us all dinner!  Rita made the most delicious eggplant parmigiana with meatballs (I'm a self proclaimed meatball elitist and these were fabulous).  Leah made us these incredible egg rolls.  Normally, I'm not a fan of the egg rolls from Chinese restaurants but these were homemade and different and awesome.  Jen actually baked and decorated this gorgeous cake for me which she showed to me on her phone because on the way to work it fell and was ruined!  I felt so badly that she spent all that time and energy because the cake was super nice and she couldn't serve it.  Instead she ran to the grocery store, had a cake decorated for me, and brought that instead.   Jenny brought brownies and fruit and Tina brought chips and cookies.  It was so much food that it will serve us for tomorrow night as well!  Jen took pictures and I can't wait for her to send them to me.

So yes, I was and am super duper happy and overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness of those around me.  I can't wait until tomorrow when I can write up their "thank you" cards.  So, so, so awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment