Monday, September 26, 2011

Dave's gift is done and ordered... finally!

Holy Crap!  I finally finished Dave's wedding present.  The order has been placed and it will hopefully arrive on Wednesday; just in time to wrap it and give it to him on our wedding day.  I figure waiting until after we're married and settled into our hotel room would be a good time.  We accomplished some things today but really I'm so happy that his piece is done.  I'm really happy by how it turned out as it was a DIY project, well sort of anyway.   Though I got really, really irritated by the website that I used to help create it as it constantly crashed and I had to do things over a zillion times the final product is something I think I'll be proud to present.

Of course, now that this piece is over I can now fully throw myself into all the rest that needs to get done and by golly there's still quite a bit.  Still, I'm going to redouble my efforts and see if I can be slightly more productive tomorrow than today.  You know, achieve more than just one piece of the puzzle.  Also tomorrow is my last day of work!  It's going to be endless.  Even tonight I was really antsy.  It's hard when it's so close to vacation but it's even harder when you can't stop thinking about everything that needs to be accomplished before you actually leave for that vacation.  At 9:45, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me because I would have sworn it was 10:45.  Alas, I had to sit it out for the hour and fifteen minutes.   Unable to do my typical stuff, I decided to organize for when I return.  I sorted through my e-mails and cleaned out my desk drawers.  I'm pretty much all set to go.

I just need to make it through six more hours.  It's super late and it's time for me to go to bed now.  Good night!

**I lied.  It will not be here in time for the wedding but it should will definitely be in by the time we come home from Maui.  Hey, when I realized that I went back and cancelled the 24 hour shipping which would have gotten it here on Monday and saved money so that's a plus, right?  Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment