Friday, September 9, 2011

Excited for my party!

Tomorrow night I'm going to be hanging out with my ladies and I can't even begin to write about how excited I am.  We're going to have a slumber party!  It will be like I'm 15 again only with alcohol.  No, I didn't drink when I was 15, thank you.  I'm super excited for it too!  Some girls like to go clubbing or enjoy a party bus with strippers for their bachelorette bash which sounds like a blast if I wasn't the bride to be.  I have nothing against those options except that it tends to be far more expensive and is really high energy.  Not to mention the overwhelming flirtation with other men that aren't your husband to be.  I guess that's what I never understood: why go on a flirting binge now?  It's not like you can do anything.   Really, the same rules apply just before Dave and me marry that will apply after: looking, flirting, maybe dancing, but no more.  So really, what's the big deal except to maybe remind you why having strange men coming to grind behind you isn't as appealing as it may seem.

It's funny.  I totally just knocked the more provocative parties but I really didn't mean to because there is absolutely nothing wrong with a girl who chooses that kind of night out.  I wholeheartedly approve.  It's just not my style, I suppose.  Whenever someone says bachelor or bachelorette party, people always assume the worst or want to assume the worst but really I don't think many live up to that kind of hype.  None of my friends who have married have had that kind of party and none of Dave's either.  Maybe that's because you tend to attract people with similar mindsets as friends and there are a whole bunch of people who go to the nines.  In reality though, I doubt many of my girls would be comfortable with that kind of night out either.  They'd do it because they love me and all but out of all of us, it would be more my scene than any of theirs.  So in the end, a super sleepover with liquor works for everyone and that makes me all the more happy.

Speaking of, I need to make sure I write tomorrow before heading over to Jamie's.  How terrible would it be for me to be all like, "um... hold on guys.  I need fifteen minutes to post to my online journal."  LAME.  So maybe after I get my hair done and my dress fit and stuff but before getting together with everyone.  Um... I'll figure it out.  But now, I need to go enjoy this night with my man because I don't get to have him tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment