Sunday, January 15, 2012

Weddings and Disney movies

Quick post tonight because it's super late.  I only got home a little over an hour ago as I went to my parents after work today.  We discussed my sister's upcoming wedding and I told everyone about the ideas that Katie had and they loved them.  I love that Katie can make just about anything classy so she was able to take the initial idea that we had and totally run with it.  Laura is at that wedding planning stage where she wants to do everything from photo booths to fireworks.  Of course practicality will force certain decisions to be made but this is still the fun contemplation stage where just about anything goes.   It's part of the reason I like having a theme.  It helps to focus your ideas.  As the theme takes form it helps to narrow down your thoughts.  For example, renting a photo booth for 4 hours suddenly didn't seem to fit into the shape of my rustic themed wedding despite the fact that I loved the idea when I first saw it.  Neither did fireworks (and I adore fireworks).  So, we have to allow her to contemplate and see what Ben and her really like away from the many ideas thrown out by family (or just me).

Jamie also stopped by and the three of us went to go see Beauty and the Beast in 3D.  I don't know how I feel about the whole 3D craze but I really am enjoying the movies from my childhood coming back to the big screen.  I love watching movies on the big screen in the theater.  Sure the movie is the same when it comes out of DVD but it just never seems to have that all encompassing effect that being immersed in a theater provides.  It's really cool to see these movies on the big screen because I was so little when they initially were released.  Many of these movies I was too young to see in the theater so it's really a first for me.  It's kind of strange seeing a movie that you've already watched a million times on the big screen.  I like it.  It's also really cool watching these movies influence a whole new generation of small children.  I love it actually in the way I love how one good book passes through the fingers of the many who borrow it from the original owner.  

After the movie, my dad helped me pack the remaining wedding gifts.  I decided it was finally time to find a home and begin to actually use the wonderful items people gave us.  Over the past few months, I've been thinking a lot about how I wanted to decorate this place.  It overwhelmed me at first but as time progressed a picture became more and more clear.  When I got home at almost 1 am, I finally told Dave some of what I have been envisioning.  Hopefully we'll be able to take a trip to IKEA tomorrow and possibly Bed, Bath, and Beyond to make the purchases.  I really want to make at least a little bit of progress of the place on our day off.  I'm totally motivated by our recent work and I don't want to lose it.

Anyway, we have a busy day ahead tomorrow so I'm going to go get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment