Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sea Monkeys

Look! I'm writing early again.  So far the writing earlier is working for me.  I love that it's done and out of the way so if I randomly crash and want to go to bed I can.  It's like a new found freedom.  Fascinating, really.  Who knew that not procrastinating can be freeing?  Does this mean I'm growing up a bit?  Finally?  Possibly.  I hope it's not a phase because I like it.

While at work today, Brittany sent me a text message that made my life feel surreal for it bit.  She asked me if I could go feed the seamonkeys located in client services.  At first I was like, "we've got seamonkeys? How did I not know this?"  I told her I would go feed them for her and went into the client service department and could not find them for the life of me.  I sent her a second text asking her to be more specific and she responded with, "make sure they are still moving.  I'll be in so much trouble if I starved them to death."  I couldn't help but wonder if she is messing with me.  She then told me they were next to the fish tank and I was like, seriously, she's totally messing with me.

So I did what any confused employee would do and brought my coworkers into the ridiculousness.  Maria and I then went hunting in client services again when we finally stumbled upon this itty bitty tank. that appeared to have absolutely nothing in it until we put the magnifying glass to it and saw these little tiny creatures swimming around in there.  The whole thing was entirely absurd and hilarious at the same time.  Apparently this little, almost invisible creatures are going to get a tiny bit bigger so we shouldn't need a magnifying glass much longer.  I look forward to seeing what they grow into!

No comments:

Post a Comment