Saturday, January 7, 2012

Family Day

Happy Saturday.  Today Dave and I spent the whole day with my family which to me is a good thing.  I thoroughly enjoy my family especially our big family gatherings.  We had our holiday Christmas/New Year's party with the whole family from my mother's side.  I'll admit that I was a bit nervous about seeing two of my cousins who rsvp'd to the wedding but then never showed and haven't spoken to me at all.  Honestly, I didn't even care all that much that they didn't come but it really bothered me that I never heard from them after.  Even saying something as simple as "something came up" but nothing.  These were cousins that I really thought I was close too. 

In truth, I think they were mad because I told my aunt that my cousin's son could not be her date to the wedding because I opted to have a "no kids" wedding affair.  Honestly, I even understand them choosing not to come because of that.  I just wish they said something to me.  They didn't and I have to admit that I was nervous about a confrontation today.  There was no confrontation.  Instead there was nothing at all.  The entire 4 hours were spent and I never said hi to them and they never said hi to me.  After about two hours, I felt like I was really being pathetic because this isn't a big deal and it doesn't seem like it's worth severing ties over.  I had a great time at my wedding and harping over two people and their guests not showing is super petty.

Still, after two hours, what was I going to say?  They made little to zero effort to approach me though I could tell the younger cousin wanted to come over but didn't seem to know how.  I kind of regret that I didn't come across as more approachable.  Overall, the entire event went by without any words being spoken and it makes me really sad.  Luckily, I have such a large, amazing family so it was actually awesome.  I adore my younger cousins.  All of them.  They are such great people.

Later we went home to my parents with my sister and discussed my sister's potential wedding.  I'm really excited about it.  In fact, I plan to do more research on it when I get home. 





No comments:

Post a Comment