Saturday, January 14, 2012

According to Plan

I enjoy days that go exactly as you hope they would.  Despite going to bed super late night, I actually woke up at 8am not long after Dave left for work.  I was able to empty the dishwasher, complete two more loads of laundry, and managed to empty a few of the giant boxes filled with stuff to sort through later.  We still have some things lingering from the wedding and the honeymoon that we need to sort and organize.  We've really made some decent progress thus far.  Hopefully by the end of the holiday weekend, we'll be have completed a few rooms.  It's exciting actually.

Dave also got lucky and was able to get out of work around 11ish which allowed us drive to Framingham together.  We were originally going to meet at the college when he got out of work but we didn't have to so that was super awesome.  We showed Brian around the campus and talked about his plans.   Afterward we took him to Five Guys and when we were finished eating I handed him the application and had him complete it while we sat there.  I figured it was harder to make excuses to your cousin than a guidance counselor or parents who are pushing it.  He's got that out of the way now so he won't have to worry about it.  He's such a good kid.  Both Dave and I want to hang out with him just regularly.  It's kind of cool that they are at an age that I don't feel like they are too young to hang out with my crowd.  Yes, the age difference is still the same but 22 and 12 is very different than 27 and 17.

Skating was also a really good time.  I forget how much I miss it.  Dave also enjoys just watching me skate around the rink.  It's flattering.  I don't have to do anything special.  No jumps, no spins, no wacky footwork.  Just my skating around is impressive to him.  It's really cool.  We didn't skate very long, only about a half hour, but even the little bit we did made me feel so good about myself.  I felt refreshed and energized in a way I haven't before.  I don't think I've ever been admired like that before for doing something so natural for me.  It was wonderful.

Dinner also was a perfect way to end out night out together.   We had lovely time with Thom and Laura.  Dave feels really comfortable with Thom, something kind of unusual for Dave but I accredit that to Thom's charisma.  He just knows how to make people feel comfortable and that's such a rare quality.  Laura and I were also able to have quite an interesting conversation.  I only really knew how much Thom liked her but didn't know much about who she is at all.  It was so awesome of them to come to Worcester to see us.  They were coming from Manchester and it would actually be easier for them to come to Woburn.

Now, we are watching what is so far quite a good football game.  The second half just started so I don't want to jinx anything but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they don't give up this incredible lead.


No comments:

Post a Comment