Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day one of the new year

New Year's Day is almost over.   I hope that all of you had a nice beginning to the year as I did.  The day was bright, sunny, warm, and beautiful.  Of course going to bed super late and waking up early to watch the sunrise meant that Dave and I slept most of the day.  Driving home from Newport was difficult but we got home and I crashed while watching the Patriots Game.  My only regret is that we missed the polar bear plunge.  The polar bear plunge or as Dave calls it, the polar bear jump, is when a bunch of crazy people run into the ocean on the first of the year.  The ocean is warmer at this time of year than it is during the summer.  Anyway, they ran into the ocean at the beach right across the street from us.  We just didn't know about it so we missed it.

So since I slept all day I need to do something tonight to make it a more productive start to the new year.  Luckily, I don't have to work tomorrow morning so I can stay up a bit later than I normally would want.  Thank goodness because there is no way I would be able to get to sleep at a reasonable hour.  When I woke up CBS was on from the game and they had all this news on politics.  All I can say is that it's going to be a very long campaign year that I'm really, really not looking forward to.   I'm so disenchanted with the whole system and I don't want to care but I do.  I care a lot and I hate that I care so much because aside from casting my vote on election day I feel like there is very little I can do.

I have high hopes for this year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment