Saturday, January 28, 2012

Lazy Saturdays

I've finally begun my second post for the other blog I'm writing.   Last week I promised that I would have it by the middle of this most recent week but hasn't quite happened yet.  At the moment, it's just two paragraphs that haven't been edited it.  My hope is to at least finish it before discarding it entirely and trying to rewrite it.  Otherwise, it's been a quite day.  Dave and I intended to go skating again today but he's on call this weekend and work called him 3 or 4 times after we went to bed.

Instead, we spent our afternoon in bed.  Him napping trying to catch up on his sleep and me just next to him listening to his heartbeat and his sleeping breathing.  I don't spend enough time doing something that simple.  A relationship doesn't need giant romantic gestures or far away adventures to continue to grow.  I would argue that a long conversation over dinner that continues through the evening or something as simple as just being with the other person when they are their most boring is what deepens a relationship.  We had a good time today even without the ice skating or the apartment projects originally planned.

Tomorrow unfortunately, we will not be spending a lot of time together.  I switched my shift with one of my amazing coworkers so that Laura and I could go visit two of her favorite wedding venues.  She called me and wanted my opinion which is really, really cool.  I'm super excited to go meet her tomorrow.  The downside is that I now have to work until 11pm instead.  Ah well.  It's worth it to hang out with my sister tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment