Thursday, January 5, 2012

Putting something down for the night

I'm writing my post early tonight. Katniss Everdeen and her Hunger Games have my complete attention outside of work.  Last night I stayed up until almost 2am finishing the second book.  My coworker let me borrow the series and Dave has already plowed through them.  Since I'm lying in bed reading, I feel the tiredness from my lack of sleep last night taking hold.   I knew that I either write this post now or very begrudging wake myself up later to write.  As much as I've enjoyed writing every night, I' miss my freedom of crashing early and not having to worry about whether I've written something that day. I suppose the trade off isn't so bad if I sit down to write early enough.

Right now I'm trying to resist the temptation to just stop at the above paragraph.  I don't know why I've given myself the short two paragraph obligation but I feel like it doesn't count if I only spend five minutes typing.  It does.  If any a second paragraph can ruin a post especially if it's about the self enforced 2 paragraph minimum. When I first got home I intended to do a bit more toward my goals and make some progress but now my top priority is finish the third and final book.  I suppose that in and of itself is part of my goals but it's one the easier, more fun of the goals.  Perhaps I'll try again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment