Monday, January 16, 2012

Apartment Work

Dave and I didn't get as much done on the apartment as I would have liked today though some progress was made.  I woke up super late.  Going nonstop yesterday certainly has its side effects. We did get to IKEA and spent a lot of money but luckily I had enough gift cards that it basically cut our total in half.  It was nice going in there today with only a basic need for inspiration as we already have a pretty good idea of what we want for the place.  When we came home Dave spent a good amount of time hammering and drilling so that we have a few of the pieces we bought up.  I spent the evening on my hands and knees scrubbing the kitchen floor.  Somehow though, despite all of our work I feel like I'm going to bed with an even bigger mess on our hands.

Yes, I know these things (complete apartment overhauls) take time but I'm feeling rather impatient.  I want it done and I want done now.  Currently Dave is yelling at our new light fixture so clearly he's frustrated as well.  I know we'll get through it and that every small step we take brings us closer to our end goal.  I just have to keep reminding myself of that.   Right now though I'm exhausted.  I think that Dave is too.   It's only 11 but we both have to work tomorrow and I do want to wake up and get a bit more done before I head in.  I'm not used to having my days back.  I keep looking at the week and wondering how I'm going to fit it all in but then I remember that I don't have to work on Wednesday or Thursday and I feel a bit better.

Alright, I'm going to go and try and relax.  Possibly read for a bit.  Dave is going to be building our second set of shelves and then I hope that he takes a break as well.  If he does that tonight then I will definitely have plenty to occupy my time tomorrow. I won't be able to say that we didn't do enough for tomorrow so I have no excuse.  It's just a matter of overcoming my general laziness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment