Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Video Games

Despite the Celtics not making it to the NBA Finals, Dave and I are still watching routing for Oklahoma City Thunder.  Basketball was never my favorite sport to watch as it's never really been able to get me excited.  It's too easy to score, the men seem to large for the court, there are far too many penalties, and the players overreact to every slight in the hope that it will a foul.  It's those little things that get under my skin when watching the games.  That said, I am enjoying this as it brings Dave from his computer to me and we can just sit and watch together.  Of course, if I just asked him to come sit with me, he would do it without hesitation but it's always to watch something I'm interested in or something I want him to see.  Rarely is it something that he is interested in viewing.  

I keep thinking that maybe I should find a game that I could play with him.   Some couples actually play the games together.  My brother and sister-in-law play StarCraft together often with Dave and Fiessal.  They play together as team.  Video games today aren't what they were when I was little and my parents wanted to avoid even more arguments between my sister and me or give us another reason to not want to go do some of our other activities.  By the time high school rolled around and video games with a strong story were becoming more prevalent, I was no longer interested.  Those games seemed so much more difficult than the original Nintendo games and I didn't have the patience to learn the controls.  There was still the chance that my parents wouldn't allow it anyway. 

That reluctance carries over to today.  It doesn't help that we have very different interested regarding video games.  He's into computer games that allow him to socialize with the friends we can hardly ever see due to being adults.  I'm more into the "active" games that the Wii offers or games like Rock Band.  He's not that interested in those.  I have tried to play so of his but I have little desire to play as often as he and his friends so I quickly get left in the dust or feel like I'm holding them back from playing the type of game they want.  Maybe one of these days, I'll come across something that will excite me as much as him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment