Thursday, June 21, 2012

On the Road to Nowhere!


Driving here was a full day excursion.  Technically, we still aren’t there yet.  I’m writing this in the backseat of the car and we still have about an hour left to go but Dave suggested that I type it up now so that by the time we get to the closest town, I’ll be able to post it.   It turned out to be a good thing that it was just the three of us (we had invited a few others but they were unable to come) as this little Ford Focus is packed full between the three of us, our things, and the carriage of groceries we just purchased at Shaws.

Our campsite is only four hours away but we left the apartment almost ten hours ago.  We made some super fun stops on the way in Laconia, NH.  The first stop was this great arcade, Fun Spot, where we played old time video games, indoor mini golf, air hockey, and ski ball for a few hours.  It was so much fun!  There was a Dr. Mario old time videogame that I kicked butt on; all those hours of playing made me look kind of awesome.  They didn’t have a DDR machine which sort of disappointed me since they had just about everything else.

Across the street from the arcade there was a fantastic bar and despite it being the middle of the afternoon, we went in for the recommended mixed shots you could take.  Oh my, they were so incredibly good.  It was the very first bar that I’ve been in that actually made me want to become a bartender and open a bar just like it.  Poor Johnny couldn’t drink as much since he was the designated driver but I got a bit tipsy and am pretty sure that the people at the Turkey restaurant found me quite humorous.  At the bar they limit you to five shots and I had four but they were had on an empty stomach.  It makes me want to make the trek up for bike week next year just for the arcade and that amazing little bar. 

After passing out in the car for about a half hour, I awoke to the beautiful landscape of the White Mountains.  We stopped to go grocery shopping and we are almost at the campsite.  I never expected to be getting there so late in the evening though by the time I post this, I’ll be only fifteen minutes or so away.  I’m excited to get there and settle in but for now I’m going to continue watching this sunset while listening to Kokomo as Johnny drives.  Thank goodness I know how to type without looking or else I’d be feeling pretty icky right now.  I’ll check in again tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment