Sunday, June 24, 2012

Home Early

We left Pittsburgh, NH tonight a day earlier because sadly Johnny's grandfather passed away on Friday and the services are being held tomorrow.  He seemed okay but is anyone really when a family member passes?  Even though we found out on Friday he wanted to stay until today.  In many ways, I think that was a good thing.  Being a grandchild, there's not much you can do except be there for your parents when a grandparent dies.  If your mom or dad have enough support, it can just be painful waiting for the arrangements to be made.   I think he was glad to have things to do and we were much more active than I think any of us anticipated.  

Prior to the vacation, I had expected to be doing a lot of reading and writing.  I didn't.  We found things to do and places to explore.   There wasn't a beach so it wasn't like we could just lay around and go swimming.  It helped that there were things going on in town that we could partake in.  Last night though, I opted not to go out.  Johnny had met a girl he wasn't interested in so I knew he wanted to stay in town but after my very drunk Friday I couldn't do it.  They dropped me off and went out and it was nice having the evening alone in a way.  There was no internet or t.v. so I took the time to write which was really nice.  

I needed this weekend so I'm really grateful we went.  

No comments:

Post a Comment