Sunday, June 3, 2012

Just doing the daily writing thing

I can't believe it's already midnight.  We went out to eat late and I took a nap about an hour after I got home from work so I'm all messed up.  Also, I really do not want to write.  I'm more in a reading mood.  I want to read a story rather than tell one.  I'm in the middle of a series and I get really into them.  They are easier reads, interesting, and I'm really enjoying them.  There's also like 10 or 12 books in the series and I'm just started book 5.  I've already read the first five books twice but I'm really excited to get to the end because the last time I was reading the series the last three books weren't written yet and I never got around to them.  I want to know how it ends especially after reading the first 5 twice (this is my third reading).  So yeah, I'm more in the mood to read.

I don't know.  Maybe I'm just don't feel like gathering the thoughts and trying to organize them and present them the way I want.  I'd rather talk.  Dave and I had a great three hour conversation and I had no problem there.  Sometimes I like the way a conversation just naturally travels from one subject to the next so that what you end up talking about has very little to do with what initiated the discussion.  It's just not something that I want to happen when I write.  Sure, I do it more often than I'd prefer to but I would rather compose something more articulate and focused.  It's just not happening right now.  So, I'll let you continue to on with your day.

No comments:

Post a Comment