Monday, June 11, 2012

Happy Birthday Katie!

Happy Birthday Katie!!  It does not appear that she will be having the baby today unless she is in labor right at this moment and I just haven't found out yet but there is only a half hour left so I think she's in the clear.  As much as I want this little baby to make his appearance, I didn't want mommy and baby to share birthdays.  I can't believe her due date is within the week!  

Talking to her today, she sounds amazing.  She sounds so calm and happy.  Of course, I have no idea how one is supposed to feel right before give birth and I can only imagine how I would feel: excited, nervous, terrified.  She is feeling all those emotions but she is also feeling ready.  Her expectations are hopeful but also very reasonable.  She knows intellectually what she is in for, if not physically but there really isn't away to physically prepare for labor.  

She just inspires me.  She handles these big life experiences with such grace.   She is meticulous in her preparations and thoroughly thinks though and analyzing each possible potential choice before making a decision.  Some people might think she over-analyzes and maybe it is a bit excessive for the average person but I'm so similar that it makes complete sense as to why it works for her.   More than anything I'm just so happy for her (and Jared).  Having a family is something that she's wanted for a long time and she is about to have just that with a wonderful husband.  

Her little one is going to be entering such a loving home with an attentive and gentle mother who will always be thinking about his needs and how best to fulfill them.  I can't wait to continue our friendship during this next stage of our life and help her in any way I can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment