Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Anniversary

 I'm exhausted and I'm not even sure why.  It's not like I woke up super early but here I am still very tired. Today was Katie and Jared's three year anniversary.  I can't believe it's been three years already.   It doesn't feel like that long ago.  Three years from now, they will have a three year old toddler running about.  I kind of can't get over it.  It seems like a lifetime ago that we were roommates and she was insisting that I would be married first.   Really, I'm so glad that she got married first.  Her relationship with Jared was healthy, happy, and something that inspired me.  I wanted find someone who I could share my lifetime with the way they found each other.  

On her wedding day she was not the crazy bride I anticipated.  Her extremely detailed nature made me concerned that the craziness of the day of would affect her but it didn't at all.  If anything I was more nervous than she was and had a selfish moment myself.  For her, the actual wedding day had already been planned so meticulously that the only thing she could do on the day of was sit back, let it happen, and enjoy the ride.  It was something I admired and hoped for on my wedding day but I didn't fully understand it until my day came.  The details, the speeches, the little things no longer matter.  All that matters is you are marrying the man you love surrounded by your closest friends and family.

Now with their baby close to making his grand entrance, I couldn't be more excite for them.  Like their wedding, I find myself grateful to them for pioneering this stage of life too.  I'm glad it's them having a child first; I can't think of too many other couples who would make such loving and attentive parents.  Congratulations to them both for making it three years and to their soon to be new addition to their family.

No comments:

Post a Comment