Saturday, March 17, 2012

Work

Today was relaxing.  We woke up late, chilled out, took naps, and finished it off with dinner and a movie.  I wish we had more days like this.  Dave's job gets more stressful by the day and it concerns me.  On Thursday we couldn't hang out at because he spent all night working (after working the entire day).  This morning work consumed him before he eventually decided to push it aside and enjoy the day.  Tomorrow evening, when I will hopefully be attending Alli's birthday party (happy birthday Alli) he will be working yet again.   His day to day tasks get more and more challenging as well and it seems that he gets very little respite from his work these days.  Sure, the money he makes from his job allows us to live with relative ease financially; however, if this continues I would rather take a cut in pay for get my husband's peace of mind back.

All the more reason for me to find something to help support us.  He never mentions it but I sometimes wonder if bothers him that he makes most of our money or if he feels burdened by it.  I try to stress to him that money isn't everything but at the same times that's hard for him to believe when my salary wouldn't support a far more modest lifestyle nevermind the one that we live.  Perhaps, I should find a way to change that.   I mean, I've got a college degree.  Supposedly that should help earn me more money though I've yet to see any sort of proof of that.  At all.  Really, in the end I chose the wrong major.

No comments:

Post a Comment