Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Unexpected Day Off

Dave got to work from home today.   It was amazing!  I mean, he spent all day working and I spent a good portion of it sleeping as I was trying to make the cramps go away but it was so comforting just having him nearby.  I love him being here.  Sadly, he has go back tomorrow but we'll both be working Friday night so we'll have Friday morning together too.   Because I wasn't feeling my best today and Dave was home I also stayed home from work so I will going into the office tomorrow instead.  It actually works out for them too as they are short staffed on Thursdays.  

We were going to go parents tomorrow but with Dave home my parents were willing to change that and meet tonight.  We've officially booked our flights to Disney World and have decided to stay at the Coronado Springs Resort.   I couldn't be more excited about it.  Really, I'm so looking forward to going with them.   I was in the fifth grade the last time I went to Disney with my parents.  How different this trip will be as a married adult on her ninth trip.  Also, although I'm super excited for summer, I can't wait to experience Christmas there again.  It was truly magical.

While we were there, we looked through photographs from my childhood and my parents teenage years. I always love looking back at old pictures.  My mom is trying to clean up and sort through the many things that accumulated over the many, many years living in our house.  She found this adorable picture of skating pandas that Darcy drew for me way back when.  I think I might frame it because it's so cute and she was such a great artist.  We also received a Tenchi c.d. and on the way home Dave and I listened to it.  I was super surprised that it still played after all scratches but the j-pop music made me think of Alli.  It made me remember the days as roommates and she the music that would play in the background.  I miss Alli.  I miss not living closer and not being able to see her as frequently as I'd like.

It was a good day off.

No comments:

Post a Comment