Monday, March 12, 2012

Sigh

Work was extremely frustrating today.  It actually didn't start out that way but around 7:30 the phones exploded and people began calling in with what should have been simple tasks but weren't.  I felt like every phone call I got took so many extra steps and time.  I felt like I was working far harder but because of the strange types of calls I was far less productive.  It also didn't help that we were short two (technically three since Jen was promoted) and my coworkers also seemed to be getting the same types of calls I was.  In the end, I left over an hour later than I should have.  It doesn't appear to be letting up as one of my coworkers went to the hospital earlier today and may need her gall bladder removed.  I really hope that she doesn't because she's already been through enough.  Seriously, I think there's something in the water with me having panic attacks again, another of my coworker's husband have surgery, and now her potentially needing gall bladder surgery.   On the bright side, we are all super supportive of each other and that really makes a huge difference.

Compounding my frustration, I've been having a really difficult time sleeping.  For the past two days, I've been sleeping long hours and having terrible nightmares.   Today, despite waking up early I found myself utterly exhausted by mid morning and put myself back to bed.  During my sleep, I kept having these awful dreams where strange men would let themselves into my apartment while I was there naked, alone, and too tired to defend myself.  Yesterday my dreams comprised of me being yelled at continuously by managers and customers alike because I couldn't bag their art supplies efficiently or quickly.  No matter how many times I would wake up from these dreams, when I'd fall back to sleep they would pick up where they left off.  90% of the time when I did wake fully, I felt even more tired than when I went to bed.  It's making me quite reluctant to go back to bed tonight even though I am quite tired.

Right now, I just need to remember that this is frustration and exhaustion is just temporary.  It will get better.

1 comment:

  1. Sleep problems suck :( My biggest issue is I can't fall asleep (like now) - but those horrible nightmares sound just awful!

    It sure isn't easy to deal with all this crap while it is happening. But, you are right, it is temporary. When you least expect it, things start looking up. In the meantime, I hope it is short-lived and am happy that, at least, you have wonderful co-workers. They are supportive of you because you are always there for them.

    Hang in there! Hoping you get some restful sleep! Try to think happy thoughts - like Disney in Nov! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete