Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sometimes I get sidetracked...

I'm watching the Project Runway Broadway episode (yes, I'm a bit behind but I've been busy) and I think the opportunity to design for Broadway is one of the coolest challenges they've had since they used to the do the amazing make a garment out of the junk you find at lumber yard.   I really, really miss those challenges.  I mean, I still can't get over what they do in the amount of time they have.  Actually I can't get over what they do at all; the fact they can design and they create.  I wish I could do it.  I wish I could do a lot of things.

I saw a dance number on Pinterest and my goodness I wanted to be her.  Yes, I know that she is a World Champion Dancer and that ever being able to dance like that would be like me saying that if I just worked hard enough I could be Michelle Kwan.  Obviously, I could dance for days on end and never ever be able to dance half as good but she made me want to dance.  She made me want to find an adult ballet studio or at least a studio that offers dance classes and begin learning the basics.  Of course, this led me into thinking, "why don't you try skating again?  At least you have a background in it."  I don't know what it is but I'm reluctant.  Maybe it's because I want to pick up where I left off and that's not possible being ten years out of skates and thirty pounds heavier.  I don't want to work so hard to get back to what I could do ten years ago.  With dance or yoga, at least I'm starting at the beginning.  After a year's worth of work, I'd be a better dancer than I've ever been and I wouldn't be able to say that about skating.

Right now though, the dancing is on hold.  Two of my goals were to try yoga for real and to get back on the ice.  I need to focus on those for now.  Maybe I can't try dance a bit later.   I did go to yoga again today for a class but no one else showed up so I had a private lesson.  How cool!  I did so much better than I thought I was going to do.  When I went on Monday, I just couldn't get into it.  Perhaps it was because I allowed myself to get too caught up in comparing myself to everyone else.  Gosh, I get that recognizing when I do it will eventually help me stop doing it but really, I would just like to stop doing it altogether.  Anyway, today, I really felt good about it.  I was more forgiving of my usual harsh self criticisms and I just went for it.  I will admit, I'm loving all this exercising I'm doing.  The change in eating has been difficult but the exercise is making me feel great.  I feel like I'm working on something.  With the food, I feel like I'm just trying to break a lot of terrible bad habits.  I did well today though!

Well, I got a bit sidetracked from Project Runway.  I was very happy with the outcome.  When I saw the winner's look come down the runway, I thought it was the best for Godspell.  I am never able to predict the winner.  I guess, I do know my fashion if it's ostentatious and for the stage.  Too bad you can't wear those normally.

No comments:

Post a Comment