Saturday, March 10, 2012

Distant Worlds

What a great day and night! Thank goodness I'm not working tomorrow morning.  My coworker needed the night so she asked me to switch and really it couldn't have worked out better for me especially with daylight savings being tonight.  It's tough enough having to get up an extra hour earlier but after going out tonight would make it so much more difficult.

Tonight Dave and I joined Alli and some friends to go see Distant Worlds- Music from Final Fantasy.  Now, I've never played any of the Final Fantasy games but I fell in love with the music a very long time ago.  After John Williams, I would say that Nobou Uematsu is the one of the greatest composers today.  The music was amazing!  They also showed different scenes from some of the games and it was really, really cool to see how the graphics have developed over the years.  They would show scenes from FFIV and then from FFXIII or FFXIV.  It was incredible how they went from the 2D graphics that some may consider worse than the original Mario Brothers to almost cinematic movie scenes.  More than anything, the best part of the concert was the sing-a-long to One Winged Angel.

Afterward, Dave and I decided to go to Finale for dessert.  Gosh, I love that place.  Their molten cake and Rosa Regale wine is one of the most divine combinations of flavors in food.  We had a wonderful conversation and the whole night was just wonderful.  I love my husband so, so much and I'm so thankful that Alli told us about this concert.  While we were there I saw a list of their upcoming shows and there about five more that I would love to go see.  I'm such a dork that I would prefer to go to symphonies than concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment