Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Making Strides

Another difficult day for yours truly but it wasn't without any milestones.  I got myself back on the treadmill.  That was a big thing for me seeing as the last time I ran completely sucker punched me but I knew I had two choices: I could avoid running forever or I could climb back on and try again.  Of course, I had my wonderful husband who stood right next to me during my entire run and made sure I wasn't overdoing and that I was okay.  He really is the best.  I don't know where I would be without him.  Unlike my last run, I ran a full level slower and with zero incline and it was easy.  Halfway through the run, I increase my incline back to what it was but no wonder I lost it last time.  Even though I knew I had overdone it, I don't think I understood just how far beyond myself until today.  Seriously.

I also got the dishes done, two loads of laundry, and finished one of the five books that I'm trying to read at the same time.  All that and a nap too.  So yes, I spent the first half of the day in tears and trying to move beyond my own feelings but I did.  Now I just need to get myself back to work.  I can do that too.  Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment