Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Losing weight, setting goals

So on the Biggest Loser this week, the excuse is "I can't lose weight on vacation."  Really, I gorge myself on vacation but I always come home lighter than I did when I left.  I never intend to lose weight I always do.  Why? Well the answer is obvious at least with the way I vacation.  When I am at home I sit around all day.  I go to work and sit at a computer for 7-8 hours a day, then I get in my car and drive home and sit in front of the television and my own personal computer for the next couple of hours before lying in bed to sleep for another 7-8 hours.  Yeah, it's a long time on my butt.  Not when I'm on vacation though.  On vacation I'm constantly going.  I sleep and sit down for less than half a day.  The rest of it is spent walking and exploring.  Sure I eat a lot and often (which is probably better than I do at home which is very little and infrequent) but I'm constantly on the move.   That was a really long way of me saying that if my life were an ongoing vacation, I'd be healthier than ever.

Speaking of losing weight, I weight in today at work at 158.6 pounds.  I lost 4.8 pounds since last month!  That was with my slacking the past two weeks.  When I woke up today, it started out like my recent days.  It was much later than I wanted but I literally had a shower of ideas while taking my shower regarding the blog I never get around to writing.  In addition, when I was getting ready for work I decided that although I totally slacking off recently shouldn't mean that I should give up on the goals I set out earlier in the month.  So I might try and bump it up a notch again.  Too bad I have to work tomorrow... especially since I made a big mistake tonight and I have to go in tomorrow and own it.  Blegh!

No comments:

Post a Comment