Monday, June 27, 2011

Title Rebellion

I went home from work sick tonight.  All day I've had this headache that varies in the degree of pain.  While I was at work, it was a lot worse and compounded by this overall feeling of lethargy and nausea.  I kept feeling really warm and then cool too.  Luckily I don't have a fever and I'm hoping to be able to make it in tomorrow.  Not that I'm ever in the mood to be sick but I just found my general feelings of being unwell tonight irritating.  It still is.  I want to be active and fulfill my responsibilities and I was just bummed that I had to use some of my precious time off tonight for this.  I wish I could say now that I'm feeling better but in all honesty I'm not.  My headache still lingers and despite more than enough sleep I'm tired.

There are times in my life when I just want to do things.  I want to go places, complete a project, throw myself into something that interests me and my mind is currently in one of those modes.  My body on the other hand seems to be undermining it.  Sometimes I wonder if I only get inspired to do stuff when I know I am incapable to act.  When I was working in Wal-Mart I always wanted to write instead of mindlessly ringing up people's groceries.  I'd get home and have the time but the desire would be gone.  It seems like my mind and my body can't get in sync.  There are so many things I want to take care of at the moment that I'm also getting overwhelmed by them and at the same time excited.  Can one be overwhelmed with excitement?  Okay, that's enough.  I'm not feeling so hot again.  Time to go back and lie down.

No comments:

Post a Comment