Saturday, June 11, 2011

Just not enough time...

Please don't mind me, I just woke up from a nap and I'm a bit groggy.  First let me, just wish Katie a very happy birthday!  Sadly, I haven't had the chance to talk with her today but we do have plans to do something next Saturday for both her and her husband's birthdays which makes me super excited.  One of the major things I miss about college is the fact that I don't get to see my friends as easily.  It doesn't help that my schedule conflicts with everyone who has a normal job.  So yeah, I'm really looking forward to seeing them again.

Speaking of seeing people we never get to see, Dave and I did get a wonderful opportunity to see my future in-laws.  Ever since Mother's Day, I feel so much more hopeful about my future family and I can't even tell you how happy that makes me.  Kevin and Amanda are spending a weekend in Newport, Rhode Island.  Although I would also love a weekend away, work makes that difficult so Dave and I picked up Dave's mom and drove down for the day.  She had never been and she really enjoyed it.  We took her to one of the biggest mansions, the Breakers and marveled at the grandiosity of it all.  Later we met up with Kevin and Amanda for lunch and a wine tasting.  We had hoped to go shopping but were thwarted by the heavy rainfall but we have another ticket for a mansion, a date with our favorite pizza place, and lots of shopping to do meaning that the three of us will definitely be back.

 As always, the general consensus was that we don't do this nearly often enough.  That seems to be the overwhelming feeling every time we get together with family and friends.  We went to dinner with Dave's friends John and Bob on Thursday and left feeling the same way.  There just don't seem to be enough days in the year.  It really makes the whole idea of living in a commune more appealing.  Okay, maybe not a commune but I wish that all of my friends had the ability to purchase those condo homes like Jamie's mom and Johnny currently live in just because then we'd be surrounded by friends and getting together would be so much easier.  Not to mention, we'd have some super killer block parties.

There's just not enough days in the week to see everyone we love on a regular basis, work, and have some personal time for each other; never mind, finding the time to work for our living.  It's not fair!  I'll just have to add that to my list to future goals to somehow balance.   It must be possible! Right?  Maybe? Please?!

No comments:

Post a Comment