Thursday, June 2, 2011

Registry stuff

With only four months before Dave and I marry, I spent a lot of time on the internet today trying to figure out some of the details.  This is me though and managing details isn't really my forte; I'm more of a big picture person.  Despite it seeming to loom ever closer, I'm still feeling okay.  Actually, I keep forgetting to contact the linens company and that is what is bothering me the most because though our venue is really beautiful, the chairs aren't what I would prefer and kind of ugly.  They need to be covered with something.  

When Dave came home from work, the two of us were totally on the same thing.  We hadn't talked all day but one of the first thing he brought up was just how much we still have to do for the wedding.  There were plenty of different things we could've worked on tonight but we decided to really tackle the guest list.  The two of us decided to check out Bed, Bath, and Beyond first but that's where we ended up staying.  They were awesome!  Despite the store closing at 9pm, the woman who helped us initially register found us and brought us two bottles of water and told us that we could continue "shopping" until 11.   I must admit both us were uncomfortable walking around with a little scanner trying to decide what we wanted other people to buy for us. 

We haven't posted it yet because I would like to review it over the weekend and analyze it a bit.  I know it seems strange to analyze a wedding registry but I analyze everything.  In this case, I want to look at a couple of things: Do we actually want/need everything we put on there or did we just go scanner happy?  How much does each thing really cost?  Though we did look at prices and try to pick out things from multiple different price budgets, I don't want to have too many expensive items on the list.  I want there to be a nice balance of low priced, reasonably priced, and a few more pricey items.  Of course, both Dave and I have already agreed to not get out hearts set on anything as we don't actually expect anything from anyone. 

So, slowly but surely, we're getting there!


No comments:

Post a Comment