Monday, June 6, 2011

Happy Anniversary Katie and Jared!


Today two of my favorite people celebrated their two year wedding anniversary.  Seriously, I can't believe June 6, 2009 was actually two years ago.  I met both of them while attending Framingham State College and they are one of the best/healthiest couples I know.  I'm not sure if I mentioned that they are the couple that made me want more from a relationship than what I had with my ex.  Katie and Jared have one of those relationships that people admire.  Like all couples, they have their moments and their issues but they know how to communicate with each other which is more than half the battle.  Although, I didn't know Jared before he met Katie, I can safely say that by being together they have made each other better individuals.  Celebrating their wedding with them two years ago was one of my favorite experiences and I'm so glad I got to play a part in their day.



The bride, Katie, I mentioned here before as she is one of my bridesmaids and a very dear friend.  She is also one of the best event planners I know.  Personally, I'd advocate it as a potential career for her but that's not my decision.  We met our freshman year of college and she's planned quite a few surprise parties for me over the years.  Needless to say that her wedding was one of the most well planned parties I've ever gone to as she is notorious for paying attention to the smallest details.  One of my favorite aspects of their wedding was their choice of theme.  Getting married at the beginning of June does provide an automatic seasonal theme that getting married in fall offers.  After some thought Katie and Jared chose a toy/reliving childhood theme out of all the theme option.  Had anyone approached me with that theme and asked me to plan a beautiful, classy wedding with it, I would've thought it impossible. Not Katie!  With the help of her husband, they executed the it perfectly keeping classy, fun, and playful.


At each of the tables there was a particular type of toy her guest could enjoy as part of her centerpieces (barrel of monkeys, Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head, My Little Pony, etc).  For their guest book we all got to color card pieces with all kinds of designs and well wishes.  The cake was by far one of my favorites as they used Scrabble letters to spell out, "infinity and beyond" from Toy Story. During the cocktail hour guest got to entertain themselves with Guitar Hero and play dress up with a variety of costume pieces.  Even their engagement photos took place at a local playground.  Despite the fact that there weren't any young children in attendance all their guests had a blast acting like children again.




No comments:

Post a Comment