Sunday, June 12, 2011

Randomness

I did a lot of thinking today.  They were good thoughts; productive thoughts and I feel good about them. Earlier, I made a list with the tasks that still need to be completed for the wedding.  Was the list still relatively long?  Yes, it was.  Did it make me feel overwhelmed?  Not as much as I feared.  There is a small part of me that's looking forward to some of the pieces.  Dave and I need to officially put up our Gift Registry.  Why am I so reluctant to get let it go?  So with that being one of the things on the list I'm reluctant to do, there are many other parts that I'm kind of excited about.  I'm excited to begin researching and putting together the ceremony.

In other news, when I got home from work I actually let it be my idea to go outside and play a bit of tennis with Dave. I do realize that was more than an abrupt change of topic but roll with me.  So when I say "play tennis" I mean that we each have a racket, a couple of tennis balls, and try to maintain any type of volley. I've never played tennis really and for the past few years, Dave has been trying to get me out on the court.  Unfortunately, he doesn't have any training either and as someone who likes to perfect everything I do I found myself really resistant to playing.  I wanted to learn how to play tennis the right way and not pick up any bad habits.  Being a figure skater, it was all about technique so just to swing the racket and hit the ball without any proper instruction bugged me.  But a few days ago, it just hit me that I don't have to be an all star tennis player and it isn't necessary to spend tons of money on lessons.  All I need to do is just play and like Dave I'll slowly get better and better until I can actually play games with other people.

Hmm... with all that random nonsense, I think I'm really not feeling this writing thing.  So with that, I'll write to you all tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment