Sunday, June 5, 2011

Blogging for me; writing with others in mind

After writing my post last night, I went to bed with a notebook and proceeded to write some more.  As much as I enjoy putting my thoughts on here for anyone to see and although it does keep me accountable, there are times that I wish I could write a private entry.  Sure that would defeat the whole idea of "blogging" but as this blog is really more of a glorified personal journal.  I was never one who really enjoyed Livejournal but I did like that you could censor certain posts.  Sometimes you just want to write something for yourself that's meant for your eyes only.

I know I could write what I feel comfortable with others reading online here and in another journal just for myself.  The thing is, I just don't feel the need to write those private entries very often so another place to write wouldn't see much activity. I'm pretty much an open book.  In fact, the reasons why I tend to not want to write here is because I want to reference other people and I don't feel comfortable putting their issues out for anyone to read.  Just because I don't mind writing about just about anything doesn't mean that others feel the same way. I don't want to say too much but the goals, dreams, troubles of my friends affect me too because I love them and I sometimes want to discuss those too.  It's just not something I can do on here.

Then there is the whole desire to have all of my personal writing in one area.  Like I've said many times before in various entires, I do plan on rereading what I've written here in a few years or maybe many years and I would like to read everything I've written during this time of my life.   That can be difficult when you have personal writings scattered all over the place.  Maybe once this year is over, I'll keep my commitment to write on a daily basis but not make it so public.  If I get through this year, I'll no longer feel the need for everyone else's eyes to hold me accountable.  Not to mention, I've really loved writing every day.  It might not be something I enjoy doing every single day and there have been many days when I write begrudgingly and with plenty of bitterness but in the end I know I'll even appreciate those entries at a later date.  This has been a difficult year and I have a lot going on, I know that one day I'll want to look back on this and read every snippet of thought.  I just have to figure out something else to keep my personal thoughts as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment